Are you preparing to receive your new hires? Do you want to know what to include in the induction pack for new hires?
Well, you are not alone!
Organizations continue to struggle on how best to ensure that their induction program has maximum effect on new employees.
Induction training for new hires is essential because it educates them about the culture, values, and principles of the organization. Organizations need to give practical and timely induction training to influence the employee’s perception of the organization.
Ideally, an induction program should be given to all new employees giving them an overview of the organization, its culture, key people, and their roles.
To make an induction program effective, you need to make sure that it addresses the following key elements:
- Proper timing – The induction program must start on a specific date and time.
- Proper induction plan – Induction trainers must come up with the best possible plan for the training. The trainer must include all those topics that are required for the new employee to understand the organization, what it takes, and how do they fit in.
- Proper communication – Communication should be sent out to everyone concerned, and you must ensure that no one is missed out.
- Proper distribution of induction plan – A copy of the induction plan must be distributed to all the new hires so that they are aware of what to expect from the program.
- Preparation checklist – Prepare a checklist of training topics that need to be included.
An induction program is divided into primary induction and secondary induction phase. Secondary induction focuses on more specific training, and development programs and it usually takes three months for the process to be completed.
What to include in induction pack for new hires are:
- A welcome note to the new employees.
- An explanation of the overall objectives of the organization and departments.
- It is also essential to explain the employee’s role so that he understands his/her position in the overall organization. The employee should be introduced to the location and place of their work; they should be given a tour to the entire organization.
- Induction training is the best time to notify employees of the rules and regulations of the organization.
- You can also show them the growth opportunities and career management to encourage a long-term association. It is also important to present full details of the remunerations and other benefits.
A good induction program results in many positive outcomes for the organization. It results in high levels of motivation and commitment from the new employees. It increases productivity, and the organization experiences a high retention rate, which has a positive effect on organizational growth.
Other aspects to consider and include in the induction pack are
- The induction program must give a quality experience to the new hires and make them feel at home.
- Don’t overwhelm the hires with too much information on a single day; start the program by providing the basic information related to the organization.
- A checklist should be given to each hire containing all the topics that would be covered in the program.
- Keep the program short so that it increases the concentration and engagement of the hires.
- Finally, the induction program must be evaluated as the end result is the effective integration of recruits.
Every organization must give induction training to new hires to capitalize on the investment made in recruitment, integrate new hires with the organization, and motivate the employees.